Thursday, November 12, 2009

Swimming and stomach pains following.


After my swim I mentioned in the last post, I was feeling bloated. I was having cramping in my stomach and bloating. I was supposed to cycle after the swim but felt extremely uncomfortable! I didn’t think anything of it until the next time I swam which was this past Monday, I felt the same way! This time I only swam about a half mile just focusing on technique. Something just wasn’t right. The funny thing is if air comes in, it’s got to go out. It can make for an embarrassing lunch.

I learned I was swallowing air while swimming. This happens for a number of reasons and usually happens to beginner swimmers. So there you go, if it can happen, it is certainly going to happen to me! Of course it isn’t my intent to swallow air as it is extremely uncomfortable. I guess I will talk with my swim coach to see what is going on with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment