Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A busy day

Wow yesterday was a busy day! The first thing I did in the morning was get my bike ready to go to Inside Out Sports to get the ISM Adamo Race seat (demo) put on my bike. I also had them make a few adjustments to the bike. I asked for these changes based on that two hour trainer ride. My fit was tweaked in the following ways: the aero bars were widened and angled down a bit; we dropped the aero base one spacer. I also had the seat put on. Greg, the bike mechanic, was awesome! He put the demo seat on and also angled it down just a tad. They really do have a great staff there!

I then took the bike on a test ride. It was awesome! I noticed how comfortable the seat was immediately. I am still a sore from my experience 3 days ago! I thought this would be a good thing because if the seat was uncomfortable I would know immediately! It felt great being on the road with the bike. Being in the saddle on the trainer, I think, gives me a little more confidence with the bike. Im up to three times riding a triathlon bike on the road lol!

The truth is I know I have to develop a relationship with the bike. You can’t have a relationship with something/someone without a name. So, I named her Hebrew 12. This is reference to Hebrew 12:1-3 “1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”

After my adventure at Inside Out Sports, I traveled to TrySports. These guys were packaging my first bike to be shipped to my brother in Germany. It was 2007 LeMond Alpe D'Huez by trek. I did my first Duathlon on this bike. This bike opened me up to the world of multisport and certainly has sentimental value. It was an entry level bike and I have been rough with her, but this bike still has reliable shifting and a good set of wheels on her! I sold her to my brother at a steal!!!! Since I began my journey, he has since been interested in triathlon and has started taking swim lessons too. Our plan is to do Ironman Germany near his home in 2011. Considering we are twins, it seems fitting my first bike will also become his first bike.

Later that evening, I had a 45 minute trainer session. This would give me a better idea how the seat and new fit works for me. After the session, I made a few observations. I feel like I am sliding a bit forward on the seat. It’s nothing serious so I will not change anything with the fit until I ride the bike on the road a few times. I also realized this seat gets a bit uncomfortable if I try to ride out of the aero position. When I sit up, I could feel a little discomfort on the rear sit bones. This isn’t an issue considering I “shouldn’t” ride in this position for long; just long enough to take a break from the aero position. More important, THIS SEAT DIDN’T HURT THE AREA!!! I am so excited about this! I will ride this seat for the next week to really see what it’s like and I’m sure the decision will be made to buy!

Kristi and I also traveled to a couple of Christian stores because I want to put two Ichthus decals on the seat post of Hebrew 12 (the bike). I bought something that didn’t work so looks like I will have to get a custom made decal. If you guys know a place to have one made please, please let me know.

To end the day Kristi and I went to see Dear John. I hate to admit this but the only love movie I ever got a little teary eyed was the Notebook. Dear John was written by the same author and it was awesome seeing this movie with my best friend and gf. Thanks Kristi!!!!!

Today I am going back to TrySports to have a free biomechanic run analysis performed. I wonder what they are going to say. Hopefully there is something in my form that caused the knee pain last week ugh! I hate that kind of pain! At least when I get tired on a swim, bike, or run, if I fight through that kind of pain there is something to gain. There is nothing to gain in the knee pain so I need to get that taken care of!!!

Below is an example of riding in the Aero Postion and standard Road Bike position. You can see in the aero positon the person is leaning forward more than the standard road bike position

Aero
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Standard Roadbike

No comments:

Post a Comment