Sunday, December 6, 2009

New trainer, new race, and I cant believe what my Twin said what he going to do.


Ok, the last few days haven’t been that interesting but I wanted to document it. I talked to my new coach, Lance Leo, and I am extremely excited about working with him. I think I would like to be at a goal race weight of 170lbs by the start of the half Ironman; I’m 180lb now. (This from a guy just three years ago weighed 232 lbs!!).

Speaking of weight, I recently received my new driver’s license. I looked at it and noticed how lean I looked. I put my driver’s license picture up to my police ID which is a picture of me when I lost my first 15 lbs three years ago. All I could say was WOW! I will post the pics when I get a chance.

Running and my relationship with God

I truly believe that endurance events can better a person’s relationship with God. When I run, I feel prepared to listen to God. I can honestly say, unfortunately, when I’m at work and dealing with the hustle of the day, I thank God and praise him. Yet, I’m not always listening to him. I hope that makes sense. When I run, I feel like I am in the same room with Jesus.

One thing I have prayed about constantly was for God to use me to inspire others. I have to say that for me THAT is the greatest joy of this journey. Getting leaner and healthier is great. However, when I hear people say, “You inspired me!” I am speechless. I know that it isn’t me but the Jesus in me that has inspired them. I know, then, my Father is using me.

This week three people made that statement. My twin brother was one of them. He started taking swim lessons and has committed to train for Ironman Cozumel in 2011. WOW! Good Luck Bro! I will cross that line at whatever pace WE need to in order to complete. (translates to: I will slow down a WHOLE LOT in order to not SMOKE you hahaha love you mean it!) I am really, really excited of even the thought of being able to share that journey with my brother. I heard someone say that completing the Ironman is the single greatest day of a person’s life that doesn’t involve a wedding, birth, or death. I hope I can share that day with him!

Training
I digress. So, talking with Lance about the two big races I wanted to do this season and he suggested I add Augusta Half Ironman. I thought about it for a couple of days and decided I needed to add that to my lists of things to do this year. So, looks like I will be participating in the Augusta Half Ironman.

I’m taking it easy over the next few days. The Thunder Road Half Marathon is this Saturday. This was my first Half Marathon two years ago and it KILLED me. I am looking for a little revenge! I was at my peak with my drinking when I ran this race. This race means a lot to me; probably as much as the Ironman! I can’t say I won’t cry during this race. I know I will when I cross the finish. I know this because as I write this, I can feel the tears in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment